A candid discussion with Dr. Shauntelle Bonman-Senkungu, a family medicine doctor, who is on a mission to “Make Healthcare Amazing Together.” She openly shares the challenges she faces trying to put her patients first in a system that has conflicting goals. She also explains a few ways that patients can actively participate to improve upon their healthcare.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The challenges doctors face caring for a patient
- How doctors can better care for their patients
- The truth behind who really directs patient care
- What role a patient plays in improving their healthcare
- The importance of patient advocacy
Want your voice to be heard? Take part in the It’s Doctor Mom Survey and let your voice be heard.